We’re excited to have resumed in-person worship at FUMC Jasper. Your well-being is our number one concern and we are working within the guidelines established by Jasper County, the State of Texas and the United Methodist Church.
We know you are anxious to be able to worship together live and in-person, but we also want to be prudent, use common sense, and listen to our leadership. (We will continue to broadcast our services online, as we have always done.)
As churches look at reopening for services, they are grappling with determining what worship will look like in the current situation. Many of the usual elements of worship in our services will be missing for a while: hugs and handshakes, children’s moment, hymnals and pew Bibles, and bulletins. There will be no choir, and we will not be able to sing as a congregation, but we can meditate and reflect during the music provided by soloists and instrumentalists. The offering plate will not be passed, but there will be a place in the narthex to leave tithes and offerings. The services will not be as participatory as we are accustomed to, but we can use the time to listen, hear, meditate, pray and be open to hear the voice of God.
For health and safety reasons, the nursery will not be available. One restroom will be available for emergency use. We will, however, have hand sanitizer available at the entrance. We ask that all attendees wear face masks as we work to protect and care for each other.
Sunday School classes will not meet at this time.
Until the protocols are changed, and in order to maintain social distancing we are limited to seating 50 people in our sanctuary. If you would like to attend a worship service, please call the church office (409.384.5735) to make a reservation. Family groups can sit together, but others will need to be six feet apart. We strongly encourage our at-risk members to continue to worship with us online.
We have included a check list of the measures we have taken, the protocols we have followed and guidelines for you to follow to minimize any risk to you and your family.
Checklist for Resuming In-Sanctuary Worship
- Thoroughly clean the entire church campus.
- Sanitize worship seating, door handles, light switches, and anything else usually touched by hand.
- Develop a traffic flow plan (entrance/egress) that takes into account places where the virus can be passed.
- Handicap parking and building access will be available in the rear parking lot.
- We ask that you wear a face mask, entering or exiting the building.
- The narthex and sanctuary area will be accessible. All other areas of the church will be closed.
- We have designated seating areas (at-risk, etc.)
- In order to maintain social distancing, under present protocols we are limited to seating 50 people in our sanctuary. Family groups can sit together, but others will need to be six feet apart.
- Bathrooms: The men’s room by the sanctuary will be available and kept clean.
- Bibles, hymnals and all other materials removed from pews.
- We will not be able to sing as a congregation, but we can meditate and reflect on the words sung by the singers in the choir loft.
- An offering box will be in the narthex.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Masks and gloves for workers will be available
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Finally, if you are a member of the vulnerable population, we urge you to stay home. As much as we would love to see you, we want you to be well.